Children of the Worm Expansion (August 2022 Update) Twitter/@back4blood
Back 4 Blood players may be happy with the latest update of the game. That’s because the August 2022 Update brought the new Children of the Worm expansion, and gameplay changes and improvements.
One of the most notable things in the August 2022 Update is support for variable refresh rate (VRR) on PlayStation 5. This console-specific feature can help smoothen graphics rendering, prevent screen tearing, and even improve input lag. Those who wish to have this enabled on their console must make sure that they have a compatible TV or monitor.
Aside from that, gameplay changes have been applied as well. The Bleed out damage on Nightmare and “No Hope” difficulties have increased by 50% and 100%, respectively. Moreover, friendly-fire on incapacitated players no longer counts toward Player Kicking, which means that the others can fire away without any repercussions.
Here are some of the other changes implemented in this patch:
- Heal increased to 15% from 10%.
- Now scaled by Healing Efficiency.
- Defensive Maneuver
- The category and icon for this card have been updated to better reflect its “newer” functionality of damage resistance instead of move speed.
- Hired Gun
- Reduced Hired Gun cost to 3 Skull Totems from 4.
- Copper gain per kill increased to 2 from 1.
- Lucky Pennies
- Bonus increased to 100% from 35%.
- Objective item throw speeds decreased to 800 from 1,000.
- Medical Grade Taser
- This Legendary Defibrillator has been renamed to EMT’s Jumper Cables.
- Description now mentions the stun effect upon use.
- Shotgun pellet damage ranges now correctly match their base damage ranges.
- 870 Express Shotgun
- Falloff now correctly starts at 7.5 meters at all tiers instead of just Tier 1.
- Base damage reduced to 10 from 11.
- Pellet damage increased to 9.8 from 8.8.
- Hordes now have an increasing chance to spawn Special Ridden as the Act progresses. Starts at 50% and increases to 75%. Was previously only 50%.
- Ammo drop behavior for bots has been modified.
- Light/Medium/Shotgun/Rifle ammo drop reduced to 120/80/30/30 from 180/120/45/45.
- Increased the threshold bots dropped ammo to 55% remaining max ammo from 30%.
- Drop check radius increased to 800 from 500 to reduce the odds of bots dropping ammo at the same time.
- Increased the cooldown to 60 seconds from 30.
The full patch notes can be found on Steam.
Back 4 Blood is available on PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S, and PC.