PTR Patch 2.5 Twitter/@Diablo
Diablo II: Resurrected has a new beta update now available on the game’s public test realm (PTR). Patch 2.5 not only introduces Terror Zones, but also plenty of quality-of-life changes, improvements, and bug fixes.
People who prefer playing Diablo II: Resurrected on PC will be happy to know about a recent change. More specifically, it’s now possible to quickly equip/unequip items to and from their character and mercenary using a mouse and keyboard.
Another notable improvement is that the chosen game settings now persist even in lobby game creation, rather than being reset to default values. This helps save a lot of time, especially for players who love to adjust a bunch of settings.
In terms of bug fixes, the issue where casting delays could cause a desync at very high ping has been resolved. Moreover, the issue where a PC-created character causes texture and lighting problems when loaded on a console is now fixed.
Here are the other notable changes in Patch 2.5:
- Added additional warning text to the mercenary confirmation prompt if your previous mercenary still has items equipped.
- Dead Finger Mages now reset correctly to their original state when revived by Necromancers.
- Fixed an issue where players and monsters were able to walk through doors that visually looked closed.
- Fixed an issue where single and dual-wielding basic attacks with Claw weapons could have inconsistent attack speeds.
- Fixed an issue where performing a weapon swap during a trade would sometimes freeze the game.
- Fixed an issue where visuals effects granted by set bonuses would sometimes toggle on and off.
- Fixed various issues when quick-moving a belt with items in the additional belt slots it provides while using a controller.
- Added functionality to revoke and undo friend rejection so it’s no longer a permanent rejection.
- Fixed an issue where if the players opened chat after dying with Legacy Graphics active, all controls stopped functioning.
- Fixed an issue where if a player entered the lobby, and then entered a game, the difficulty selection would be blank upon returning to the lobby.
- Fixed an issue where if a skill was bound, then the key was removed from the skill binding, the unbound skill would still display without a binding.
- Skills can now always be set to the left or right slots, regardless of if you meet the requirements to use them.
The full changelog can be found here.
Diablo II: Resurrected PTR Patch 2.5 is available on PC.