F1 Manager 2022 Steam/Frontier Developments
F1 Manager 2022, the racing management simulation game by Frontier Developments, received an important update yesterday. The patch is mostly focused on bug fixes and improvements. However, it does make a handful of changes. The developer also promised that an additional post-launch update is in the works and will launch in the next couple of weeks.
The patch reduced the car performance impact when “Focus” was added to new part designs. The bug where newly-fitted gearboxes will inherit the wear/damage levels of the previous gearbox has been addressed.
- Further adjustments to AI teams’ behavior when signing reserve drivers
- Fixed Alpha Tauri livery appearing offset from car body
- Fixed issue with livery appearance on Scuderia AlphaTauri and Oracle Red Bull Racing cars
- Fixed instances of floating tires appearing during some cutscenes
- Fixed issue causing the cutscene camera to sometimes appear underground
- Fixed issue that caused commentary to mention drivers being at the front of the grid, when they were at the back of the grid
- Fixed visual issues when a team “double stacks” their pit stops
- Player Profile
- All-time records for the highest ever income in a season, and the highest ever team rating, are now stored in-game
- Fixed the issue of incomplete laps times being included when looking for the fastest qualifying lap
- Fixed an issue causing cars to repeatedly teleporting back to the garage after a DNF
- Yellow flags will no longer be shown for cars already returned to the garage after the checkered flag
- Fixed issue where drivers who had only completed their out lap are listed at the top of the standings after a Practice session
- Further balancing of potential track incidents at Zandvoort
- Fixed an issue causing tires to be treated as “fresh” tires when comparing the lap time and “life time” in Qualifying options screen
- Fixed crash that could occur when attempting to launch the game on PC
- Fixed hard lock that could occur during the “lights out” sequence at the start of a race
- Increased performance when advancing time when playing later seasons
- Fixed a softlock in onboarding if the Race Preparation tutorial is started whilst the car part fitting tutorial is in progress
- Fixes for instances of a soft lock that could occur during replays
You can read the complete patch notes via Steam.