- Fortnite v21.50 Shadow of Phantasm Week
- Fortnite v21.50 Late Game Arena
- Fortnite v21.50 patch notes
- Competitive Notes:
- Major Bug Fixes
Fortnite‘s latest patch notes have gone live, bringing about the latest changes to the battle royale shooter including the return of the Late Game Arena LTM.
While it’s not as quite as big as the previous Dragonball Z drop, there’s still plenty of changes coming to the island in what’s being dubbed the Shadow of Phantasm Week.
While you’re waiting for the game to come back up then, here’s the latest patch notes for update 21.50.
Fortnite v21.50 Shadow of Phantasm Week
The Shadow of Phantasm Week will kick off today, August 30 at 9am ET or 2pm UK time and will run until September 7 at 9am ET or 2pm UK time.
The event itself will give players special Quests that they can complete for XP. These quests will see four stealth related weapons unvaulted for players to use.
- Suppressed Assault Rifle (Ground, Chests)
- Suppressed SMG (Ground, Chests)
- Shadow Bombs (Ground Chests, Supply Drops)
- Shield Bubbles (Ground, Chests, Supply Drops)
Though last week’s Fortnite X Dragonball quests have ended, the Kamehameha and Nimbus Cloud (Kintoun) are still sticking around. However, they will be rarer than before.
However, it’s bad news for fans of Fortnite‘s Among Us-inspired Impostors mode. As of this update, Epic is vaulting the game mode “as our teams shift focus to other Fortnite projects.”
Fortnite v21.50 Late Game Arena
The update also sees the return of the Late Game Arena Limited Time Mode. 60 players will go head to head on a much smaller arena than vanilla Fortnite.
Players will spawn with a pre-selected loot pool of the most popular weapons and items from across Fortnite‘s history.
However, in a change from the last appearance of Late Game Arena, there’s now Rift Spawning. You’ll begin hovering above the Island with just 10 seconds to pick a landing spot, and you won’t be able to open your glider sooner.
Storm timings are also much shorter in this mode, with just 20 seconds before the next location shows and 40 before it starts closing in. There’s also a brand new scoreboard too.
Epic say they’ll be tweaking the mode through the rest of season, with some cup competitions planned as well.
|1||Fortnite Dance and Emote Multiplier 16″ School Backpack||Buy on Amazon|
|2||Fortnite Solo Figures Squad Mode, Four 4-inch Highly Detailed Figures with Weapons and Harvesting…||Buy on Amazon|
|3||Fortnite Deluxe Feature Vehicle, Crash Test ATK, Electronic RC Vehicle with 4-inch Articulated Dummy…||Buy on Amazon|
|4||Fortnite Minty Legends Pack – PlayStation 5||Buy on Amazon|
|5||Spirit Halloween Fortnite Boogie Bomb with Lights and Sounds | Officially Licensed||Buy on Amazon|
|6||Fortnite Supply Llama, Includes Highly-Detailed and Articulated 4-inch Kit Figure, 9 Weapons, 4 Back…||Buy on Amazon|
Videogamer.com is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API / Last updated on 2022-08-30
Fortnite v21.50 patch notes
- The Shadow of Phantasm Week changes will be included in competitive playlists.
- Late Game Arena starts later today.
- Zero Build Arena has been turned off.
Major Bug Fixes
- Fixed an issue in which the Health and Shield bars would not correspond with the actual value remaining after taking damage.
- Fixed an issue in which the Kamehameha would refill to three full charges when dropped by an eliminated player.
- The “Dedicated Button” fire mode option on mobile is now working correctly. Unchecking the option will now automatically hide the dedicated fire button in-game if the context allows it.
- If the equipped weapon/item doesn’t support the currently selected fire mode (for example: a melee weapon can’t autofire), the dedicated fire button will still be displayed.