Hogwarts Legacy Warner Bros. Games
If there are no more surprises around the corner, then Potter heads will be able to play Hogwarts Legacy on February 10. The open-world RPG will launch on all major platforms on the same day except Switch. The Nintendo Switch version will arrive at a later date.
Xbox and PS players will just have to purchase the title. However, PC players must first check if they have the hardware to run the game or not. The developer has revealed the official system requirements of the game.
The minimum requirements are kind of on the heavy side, whereas the recommended requirements seem reasonable. As you would expect, Hogwarts Legacy will need Windows 10 64-bit. The game will use 85 GB of free storage space; SSD is recommended by the developer, but HDD works too.
You can check out the requirements below:
Minimum System Requirements
- Processor: Intel Core i5-8400 OR AMD Ryzen 5 2600
- Memory: 8 GB RAM
- Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 or AMD RX Vega 56
- Additional Notes: SDD(Preferred), HDD (Supported), 1080p/60 FPS, Low-Quality Settings, Upscale Performance Setting
Recommended System Requirements
- Processor: Intel Core i7-8700 OR AMD Ryzen 5 3600
- Memory: 16 GB RAM
- Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce 1080 Ti or AMD RX 5700 XT
- Additional Notes: SSD, 1080p/60 FPS, High-Quality Settings, Upscale Quality Setting
You can read the official system requirements on Steam. You can also pre-order the game from there for only $59.99.
As you can read above, the system requirements mention an upscale quality setting. This is a confirmation that Hogwarts Legacy will utilize some kind of upscaling technology. Though, we don’t know which one it will be; it could be Nvidia DLSS or AMD FSR. The devs could also support Intel XeSS Upscaling Technology. Ideally, the game should feature all three. I guess we will know more as we get closer to the release date.