Patch 1.18 Twitter/@Guerilla
Patch 1.18 for Horizon Forbidden West is now available on all platforms. While this update contains mostly bug fixes, it does introduce the “Mark of Pride” Pride Flag Face Paint, available in Photo Mode. This face paint covers Aloy’s cheeks and forehead and has a light blue and yellow color scheme.
“Mark of Pride” Pride Flag Face Paint Photo: Twitter/@Guerilla
The main focus of Patch 1.18 is to implement a lot of bug fixes that resolve issues, which may hamper progression and more. The issue where players were not able to enter or exit The Base is now resolved. The Salvage Contract “Mine Launchers” is already challenging, so it is frustrating if progression is blocked by changing the custom difficulty settings for Easy Loot. Fortunately, this has been fixed in this update.
Here are the other notable fixes implemented in this update:
- Fixed an issue where Porguf would not provide the option to start the Errand Quest “Broken Locks.”
- Fixed an issue in Side Quest “The Deluge” where players could ride their ground mount through a lake.
- Fixed an issue in which after completing all Salvage Contracts in New Game Plus, the player could obtain the Oseram Artificer outfit twice.
- Fixed an issue in Rebel Camp “Devil’s Grasp” where the objective “Search the Command Center” could become blocked after restarting from save.
- Fixed an issue where the player was unable to complete “Relics From Ruins” in New Game+ due to already having the Ancestor’s Return weapon from a previous playthrough.
- Fixed a camera issue where, when aiming with a Blastsling weapon and rotating the camera, the projectile parable would jitter.
- Fixed a camera issue where activating Concentration zoom during a normal zoom would have a jarring snap back.
- Fixed an issue where the Hunter Bow could not be upgraded in New Game+.
- Fixed an issue where the player could not use Melee Combat after fast traveling from a crawl space.
- Level 3 of the Toughened Valor Surge has Melee Damage Resistance reduced from 50% to 35%.
- Plant Forager now works on Medicinal Waterweed.
- Fixed “Pickup Animation” to reset to “On” in Settings when the “Reset” action is pressed.
PERFORMANCE and STABILITY
- Made improvements to TAA for PS5 Resolution Mode and PS4.
- Fixed several instances of Aloy’s armor model jittering when playing in Balanced Mode.
- Fixed an issue where geometry appears low resolution when skipping the opening title sequence.
- Fixed an issue where the “Auto Heal” setting does not fully heal Aloy after leaving combat for a short time.
- Fixed issues where the player ended up underneath the terrain or got stuck inside geometry.
Horizon Forbidden West Patch 1.18 is available on PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 5.