A new region waiting to be explored. The Pokemon Company
The new Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet are scheduled to be released this November 18, exclusively on Nintendo Switch. Over the past months, we’ve learned that this game will introduce new Pokémon and characters. Now, we’ve learned that it’s taking place in a region called Paldea.
Paldea is a massive land dotted with wastelands, peaks, mountain ranges, and lakes. Players who explore the region can see people and Pokémon living together in various locations.
In the middle of Paldea lies Mesagoza, the largest city. It is here that players can find either the Naranja Academy or Uva Academy. In Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet, the name of the school, the emblem, uniforms, and other details will differ depending on which version of the game is played.
The Pokédex is loaded on the Rotom Phone as an app to help players. This should allow them to see a map of the whole Paldea region and their current location. In addition, the app displays various details, like nearby towns, Pokémon Centers, and wild Pokémon.
There are different people that players can meet in Paldea, they are:
- He acts as the director of the academy and teaches the player many things about their school.
- Mr. Jacq is very knowledgeable about Pokémon biology and is the one who developed the Pokédex app for the Rotom Phone.
- He is also the player’s homeroom teacher.
- Arven is an upperclassman at the academy.
- He’s good at cooking and is researching healthy recipes that can help Pokémon feel better.
- Penny has a bit of a shy personality, and for some reason, she doesn’t seem to come to the academy very often.
- Gym Leader of the Glaseado Gym, Grusha
- Grusha used to be a professional snowboarder but is now the Gym Leader of the Glaseado Gym full-time.
- He is an Ice-type specialist who has Cetitan as his partner.
What do you think? Excited to explore Paldea and see what Pokémon you can encounter?