If you have been itching for a new digital hunting game, then you are in luck as we have just received word of the release date for Way of the Hunter. Coming to Xbox Series X|S, PC and PlayStation 5, you won’t have long to wait.
Following on from the likes of Hunting Simulator 2 and theHunter: Call of the Wild – and hoping to fare better in the process – is Way of the Hunter. Allowing you to hunt in two massive open areas set in both the US and Europe, there is around 55 square miles in each location. With areas that size, walking can be a problem. Good to know then you can use an off-road vehicle to traverse the land quickly. Just be aware of making too much noise with the engine and scaring off your target.
Way of the Hunter also features:
- Hunt like a pro with features that highlight animal signs, blood splatter analysis, and shot review with the rewindable bullet camera
- Dozens of strikingly detailed animal species with realistic behavior models for a truly immersive hunting experience
- Enjoy your perfect hunting adventure among friends in co-op mode
- Two vast hunting territories with 55 square miles each
- Realistic ballistics and bullet physics simulation
- Sophisticated natural animal animations and reactions when sensing the players presence
- A compelling story about the struggles of a family hunting business, and the rivalry and friendships that surround it
- Complex Trophy system generates unique antlers and horns based on multiple factors like fitness and age
But I bet you want that release date, don’t you? Well, how does 16th August sound? Because that is what it is, and it isn’t far away at all.
Pre-orders are open now on the Xbox Store, and you get some goodies for doing so. The Hunter’s Pack gives you access to three cosmetic items: The Engraved Shotgun, a special paint for your car and a Wooden Carved Animal Statue. This applies to both the standard and Elite edition, the latter of which comes with the Season Pass. Head over to the Xbox Store for more information. Let us know in the comments if you’re a fan of the hunting games and if you have your eyes on this one too.