Oceanbound Update Facepunch Studios
Update 1.50 for Rust Console Edition, also known as the Oceanbound Update, brings plenty of new content, improvements, and bug fixes. Aside from the new cargo ship event, the popular M39 Rifle has returned to the rifle loot pool.
The M39 is a military-grade equivalent to the Semi-Auto Rifle. It boasts a high magazine capacity, good accuracy, and great damage, but it is somewhat balanced by its low fire rate; this rifle is also incredibly rare. Still, the highly coveted weapon is now back in the rifle loot pool for Rust Console Edition.
The Oceanbound Update also brought a ton of improvements. One, an option to toggle FXAA on or off has been added to the settings. Plus, there are now additional options to tinker with the FPS limit and terrain quality. Tweak these settings to help improve performance.
For bug fixes, the rubber banding effect that can occur at the top of the Launch Site’s main building has been resolved.
Here are the other major changes implemented in this patch:
- Code Locked Crates now show bullet holes when you shoot at them.
- Equipping a Beenie Hat will no longer make your player model go bald.
- Fixed a bug that could cause door locks to disappear (doors would stay locked).
- Fixed being unable to pick up the Search Light.
- Items can no longer be placed in the middle of a doorway.
- Fixed a bug that caused the Smoke Grenade to activate underwater.
- Fixed being unable to reload some weapons after playing an emote twice during the reload animation.
- Fixed level of detail issues on buildings when viewing them through a weapon scope.
- Fixed rockets sometimes flying in the wrong direction after being fired from a boat.
- Fixed an issue that could occur, stopping players from retrieving thrown weapons from animals.
- Fixed being unable to interact with small storage crates on boats.
- Made it easier to fish while sitting in a boat.
- Players now hold the steering wheel when driving a rowboat.
- Pushing a kayak when another player is sitting on it no longer causes it to move indefinitely.
- You can no longer push kayaks while standing on them.
- Boats no longer flip upside down after a server restart.
- Fires from destroyed helicopters and Bradley APCs now provide light at night.
- Fixed a bug that could cause player backpacks to leap through the ocean.
- Fixed some instances of being able to loot crates more than once.
- Fixed an exploit that allowed players to pick up items from another player’s base if they built close enough that they could reach over with a hammer from their own build zone.
- Reduced the FPS drop caused by blood splatter effects.
The full patch notes can be found on the official site.