Fight in the cold. Croteam
Serious Sam Siberian Mayhem, the standalone expansion of Serious Sam 4, received Update 1.04 recently. It brought impressive new additions, performance improvements, and several bug fixes.
The patch added new shotgun destruction for male gnaars and beheaded soldiers. Every enemy in the game now has new destruction animation when killed using a Perun crossbow. The destruction of some enemies from cannon shots has also been updated.
Players can now climb ladders without pressing the “Use” button. All they have to do is go near and look at the ladder; new ladder climbing sounds are added as well. Shrek’s toilet also received an update. You can read the rest of the changes below.
- Various tweaks and changes in all cutscenes, updated animations and scenes. Also, added ultra-wide screen format support.
- Fixed a bug which would sometimes cause Looter Shooter to drop an infinite amount of items.
- Pipe puzzles on “Siberiade” now respond to more controller buttons.
- Fixed a bug where bosses would not receive killing blow damage from a piercing projectile (like cannonballs).
- Fixed a bug where the player could not use H.E.A.R.T. gadget if killed during melee animation.
- If the player uses “Toggle Sprint” and presses the “Toggle Sprint” button before starting to run forward and does not release the button until starting to run forward, the sprint will still toggle on. Yes, this sentence fries my brain a little every time I read it.
- Fixed a certain spot in “Monkey Canyon” where most of the enemies could not reach the player.
- Fixed a bug on “Kleer Fortress” where the difficulty would not reset to Normal after restarting the level, resulting in harder challenge on subsequent attempts. We are very sorry for that!
- No more distracting fight music in “Roadside Picnic” dig site cave.
- Fixed an issue with additional rockets on the rocket launcher sometimes not appearing when using the Multirocket attachment.
- Armor is now displayed on HUD when riding a vehicle in which the player is invulnerable.
- When picking a ride health item (e.g. repair kit for the Tank), the added health is now displayed in percentages.
- Reduced performance impact from Metal Snake destruction effects.
- Added glowing parts to the Legionnaire shield.
- Fixed various bugs with customizing controller buttons layout.
- Script functions which change weapon speed/damage modifier now properly affect Knife and Beams.
- Fixed a bug leading to Serious Editor overwriting certain Netricsa message files when the user is saving the campaign level.
You can read the complete patch notes via Steam .