Sifu, the martial arts game by Sloclap, received a major update today. The previously announced Summer Update is finally live and it brings tons of new content, additional features, and bug fixes. This is the perfect time to do another run of the acclaimed game.
The update brings two new outfits; however, one of them will only be available to owners of the Deluxe Edition. The scoring system is completely reworked and will better represent the player’s performance.
The biggest addition to the game is Cheats and Modifiers; you can tweak your game to your preference. Players will need to purchase Cheats or Modifiers by spending currency, which you gain by completing goals. Goals will only become available after you have completed the game at least once.
You can read the highlights of the patch below.
Design – Scoring
- Score: The player gains score for each action performed. The value depends on many factors such as the frequency of use or ease of access.
- Multiplier & Multiplier Gauge: The gauge increases every time the player gains score. Filling up the gauge increases the multiplier. The gauge decreases when the player is too passive or gets hit.
- Efficiency: The score and the multiplier gauge change color depending on the efficiency of the player to gain score.
- Highscore: The player is able to set a highscore for all the hideouts. The high score is displayed in the Level Selection screen in the Wuguan.
Design – Cheats/Modifiers
- Modifiers menu added and is accessible from the level select screen after clearing the game at least once. The Modifiers menu is available from the start in Student difficulty, but only a few accessibility-oriented Modifiers are available before you reach the end of the game.
- Goals menu added (accessible from the level select screen after clearing the game at least once)
- 8 Cheats added
- 11 Modifiers added
- 2 “Student-only” Modifiers added
- 43 Goals added (clear them to receive the currency needed to unlock Cheats and Modifiers) + 1 deluxe-exclusive
- Cheats prevent your progress from being saved while active, but Modifiers do not. High scores cannot be saved if any Cheat or Modifier is active.
Design – Permanent Unlock
- Unlocking a skill now adds one permanent unlock counter.
- The counters and permanently unlocked skills are now shared between saves, regardless of the difficulty.
As mentioned above, the update also adds several bug fixes. You can read about them in great detail via the official site.