- How To Fix the Error Code 0x8007023e on Xbox?
- 1. Check the Xbox Live Status Page
- 2. Make Sure Your Xbox Game Pass Subscription Hasn’t Expired
- 3. Reinstall the Game
- 4. Restart Your Xbox Console
- 5. Update Your Xbox
- 6. Perform a Factory Reset of Your Xbox Console
- How To Fix the Xbox Game Error 0x8007023e on the Xbox App for PC?
- 1. Check Xbox Live Status
- 2. Make Sure You’re Signed In With the Correct Account
- 3. Check Your Xbox Game Pass Subscription
- 4. Uninstall and Reinstall the Game
- 5. Reinstall the Xbox App
- 6. Update the Graphics Drivers
- 7. Update Windows
- How Do I Fix Error Code 0x8007023e?
- How Do I Fix My Xbox Error Code?
- How Do I Get The Latest Xbox Update?
- How Can I Reset My Xbox One?
Xbox Game Pass and PC Game Pass subscriptions allow you to access dozens of games on PC, Xbox, smartphones, and tablets. You can play games like Battlefield, Apex Legends, Alien Isolation, Halo, Minecraft, and many other popular Xbox games.
But if you can’t open your favorite game and instead see the error 0x8007023e, it’s super frustrating. On top of that, some users reported that other than games, they can’t even open apps on their Xbox.
Follow this guide to fix the 0x8007023e error.
1 How To Fix the Error Code 0x8007023e on Xbox?
1.1 1. Check the Xbox Live Status Page 1.2 2. Make Sure Your Xbox Game Pass Subscription Hasn’t Expired 1.3 3. Reinstall the Game 1.4 4. Restart Your Xbox Console 1.5 5. Update Your Xbox 1.6 6. Perform a Factory Reset of Your Xbox Console
2 How To Fix the Xbox Game Error 0x8007023e on the Xbox App for PC?
2.1 1. Check Xbox Live Status 2.2 2. Make Sure You’re Signed In With the Correct Account 2.3 3. Check Your Xbox Game Pass Subscription 2.4 4. Uninstall and Reinstall the Game
2.4.1 4.1 Uninstall a Game on the Xbox App for PC 2.4.2 4.2 Install a Game on the Xbox App for PC 2.5 5. Reinstall the Xbox App 2.6 6. Update the Graphics Drivers 2.7 7. Update Windows
4.1 How Do I Fix Error Code 0x8007023e? 4.2 How Do I Fix My Xbox Error Code? 4.3 How Do I Get The Latest Xbox Update? 4.4 How Can I Reset My Xbox One?
How To Fix the Error Code 0x8007023e on Xbox?
If you’re seeing the 0x8007023e error when trying to play a digital game on Xbox One, Xbox Series X, S, and other Xbox gaming consoles, use these solutions:
- Check the Xbox Live Status PageMake Sure Your Xbox Game Pass Subscription Hasn’t ExpiredReinstall the GameRestart Your Xbox ConsoleUpdate Your XboxPerform a Factory Reset of Your Xbox Console
1. Check the Xbox Live Status Page
Like most online gaming services, Xbox also maintains a status page that allows users to check if the problem they are having is on their end or if it is due to a server issue on the Xbox’s end. You should check the Xbox Live Status page if you can’t play any game on your Xbox and see the 0x8007023e error.
You’ll find many Xbox features and their status on the page. Select any feature to see its status. If you find any outage reports, give the game or Xbox itself a rest and wait for the issue to be fixed. But if everything is up and running, try the solutions in this guide.
Be aware that a similar outage in the past affected the Xbox users of New Zealand, Saudi Arabia, Japan, Australia, and South Korea.
See also 15 Fixes: Waiting On Another Installation Or Update (Battle.net)
2. Make Sure Your Xbox Game Pass Subscription Hasn’t Expired
Although there may be other reasons for the 0x8007023e error on Xbox, this error is also shown when the Game Pass subscription expires. Use the below steps to check your Xbox Game Pass subscription:
Open Microsoft Store.Sign in if you haven’t.Switch to the ‘Services & Subscriptions’ tab.Scroll down and find out the status of your subscription.
3. Reinstall the Game
If a specific game shows the 0x8007023e error page or message, uninstall it and install it again. If all the games are not opening and you see the same troublesome issue, try reinstalling a few and check if they work.
4. Restart Your Xbox Console
There may be a temporary bug or glitch causing the 0x8007023e error and stopping you from playing games. So, restart your console and try opening the online game again.
Steps to restart Xbox:
Press the Xbox button on the controller.Go to your profile picture (Profile & system).When on the list, select ‘Power.’Choose ‘Restart console.
5. Update Your Xbox
If your Xbox console is not up to date, it may show bugs and errors. Like any other console or device, keeping it updated is critical to avoid errors. So, to troubleshoot the 0x8007023e message, update your Xbox console with these steps:
When Xbox is on, press the Xbox button on the controller.It’ll open a menu. Go to your profile picture (Profile & system).Choose ‘Settings’.
6. Perform a Factory Reset of Your Xbox Console
If you tried the above fixes and the error 0x8007023e is still showing up, consider resetting your console’s settings to factory defaults.
Before you think this deletes all of your Xbox games, be assured that there are two methods of a factory reset on Xbox consoles.
One option lets you only reset settings, and the other option is the one that removes everything, including apps and games. So, choose the former option. Use these steps:
Press the home button on the controller to see the left pane menu.Go to ‘Profile & system.’Choose ‘Settings’.
How To Fix the Xbox Game Error 0x8007023e on the Xbox App for PC?
Restart your computer and check your internet connection. After that, try these solutions:
- Check Xbox Live StatusMake Sure You’re Signed In With the Correct AccountCheck Your Xbox Game Pass SubscriptionUninstall and Reinstall the GameReinstall the Xbox AppUpdate the Graphics DriversUpdate Windows
See also Can You Play Minecraft On Oculus Quest 2?
1. Check Xbox Live Status
If you can’t play games on the Xbox app for your Windows PC and see the 0x8007023e error, you should check for any outages reported on the Xbox Live Status website. Check if the features you’re using are up and running.
2. Make Sure You’re Signed In With the Correct Account
Many of us have multiple email addresses and accounts that sometimes get mixed up. If your Xbox account is not the Microsoft account you use for signing in to your Windows, check if you’re using the correct account on the Xbox app.
Because your Xbox account has the Game Pass subscription, and if you used your usual Microsoft account on Windows to sign in to the Xbox app, it might not play video games because that account isn’t subscribed to Game Pass.
Open the Xbox app, go to the account, and check the details.
3. Check Your Xbox Game Pass Subscription
You’re using the correct account, but what if the subscription has expired, due to which you’re seeing the 0x8007023e error when trying to play games? You can check your subscription from the Xbox app.
If, for some reason, you can’t, sign in to the Microsoft Store with the correct email and see your subscription status there.
4. Uninstall and Reinstall the Game
The Xbox error code 0x8007023e can be with one or a few games or every game. But you should uninstall and reinstall a few to check if they work after that.
4.1 Uninstall a Game on the Xbox App for PC
Open the Xbox gaming application.You’ll see a list of your installed game on the app’s left pane.Right-click on the game you want to uninstall.A small list will open, choose ‘Uninstall’ and confirm.
4.2 Install a Game on the Xbox App for PC
Open the Xbox app.Find the game you want to install or the one you just uninstalled and open it.Click the ‘Install’ button.
5. Reinstall the Xbox App
The Xbox app itself could be buggy and may cause the 0x8007023e error. You can uninstall the app and reinstall it to make sure that the app isn’t the culprit.
Click the Start menu, type.’
add or remove programs‘ and launch the app.
See also Best Ways To Access the Metaverse on Oculus Quest 2
6. Update the Graphics Drivers
It’s rare, but errors on the Xbox app may be due to outdated graphics drivers. It’s best to keep everything on your computer up to date, so updating GPU drivers is recommended.
Open the Start menu, type ‘device manager, and open the app.Double-click ‘Display adapters.You’ll see your graphics card(s).Right-click it and choose ‘Update driver.’
7. Update Windows
If you’re having any issues on your PC, updating your Windows is a bit of good advice. So, use these steps to update your Windows:
Open the Start menu, type ‘windows updater’, and launch the app.On the opened window, click the ‘Check for updates button.
If you see the 0x8007023e error on the Xbox console or the Xbox app on PC, check the server status and try the solutions to fix the issue.
How Do I Fix Error Code 0x8007023e?
To fix error code 0x8007023e on Xbox, try these solutions:– Check the Xbox Live Status– Check Your Xbox Game Pass subscription– Reinstall the game.– Reboot Xbox– Update your Xbox
– Factory reset your Xbox console
How Do I Fix My Xbox Error Code?
There are dozens of Xbox error codes. Go to the Xbox support page to find the solution for the error code you’re experiencing. Meanwhile, check your internet connection, restart your Xbox, and update it to fix common problems.
How Do I Get The Latest Xbox Update?
– To update your Xbox, turn it on.– Press the Xbox button on the controller.– Then go to Profile & system > Settings > System > Updates.
– Select ‘Update Console’ on the updates settings to begin updating your Xbox.
How Can I Reset My Xbox One?
– For resetting your Xbox, press the Xbox button on the controller.– Navigate to Profile & System > Settings > System > Console info > Reset Console.
– Choose ‘Reset and remove everything if you want to delete everything, or select ‘Reset and keep my games and apps to keep your apps and games and only reset your Xbox settings.